Ready Player One Reflection


Ready Player One

Hello and welcome again to this blog, today I am going to be talking about one book I just finished reading called Ready Player One, it talks about how a society could change with Virtual Reality. This entry answers some questions and quotes about the book, so if you haven't read it, come back when you do so! Since I might spoil some things about the book.

The first question I’m going to ask is if I see any virtues In a system like OASIS?
Yes because there are many things which you can do there, from traveling, to learning, it empowers it’s users to be more than what they are now and for a poor kid with no way of seeing the beach he could, also for education, if he does not have money for education he could go to school there.

The second is Do you think it’s possible, technologically speaking, to have something similar to the OASIS by the years 2040 or 2050?
I  believe that something similar yes, technology is constantly evolving and if I were to talk with Alan Turing about my iPhone it would be crazy for him to see something with so much power and so little, so perhaps right now we don’t have something like oasis but in 30 years perhaps we will.

The third and last one is Do you think our value system (personal and cultural values) could be altered if we spent most of our time in an OASIS like system?
I think that everything that happens around us does change our value system, people we know, places we visit, things we read and technology is there changing values like the way you show interest in someone, the way you stay in touch with people, etc.

Great reading.

Comentarios

Entradas populares